Home in Sayulita

Sunday, June 12, 2011

One day more

It's early evening 7:30, the water is very choppy and there are no surfers in the water. There is a hurricane (Adrain) off shore but not coming in. The skies are dark and threatening but the sun is beaming through it all to make looking at the water almost blinding as the sun reflects off it. I have the house completely open and there is a stiff cool breeze blowing through rearranging everything that is not weighted down. It feels invigorating, most of the day was hot and humid with only a slight breeze. We may be getting rain tonight. I went into PV last night to my friend Ariel Sainz latest gallery exhibit. Just two years ago he was a struggling artist, still is, but after a very successful showing in a prestigious Mexico City gallery his paintings are taking off. The sales are as much to do with  his improving technique as anything else. The gallery showing last  night of his latest paintings blew me away. Not only how far he has come as a painter.  He has a painting that I actually lust after. But it's in the thousands of dollars. If it wasn't in the gallery I might be able to get a discount as I have been one of his patrons.  His current paintings are flying out the door. It's so good to see someone making it when you knew them from the very start. Arial took me to dinner at one of  the best restaurants in Pv. A Mexican hole in the wall but wow. muscles, squid, calamari, shrimp. Behind the purely Mexican facade was a 4 star restaurant. Then I took him to dessert at Rebecca's in old town. Great evening. Night before last went out with nine friends to Calypso. I'm getting ready to return to SF and I'm sort of saying goodbye. Normally I try to avoid large dinner parties.....Had my Spanish lesson with my friend Fiora in Malibu this morning, it's not likely we will be talking fluent Spanish anytime soon, if ever. :-((  Also talked to Veronica (The Adventures of Gypsy Vero) for a couple of hours. Amazing how Skype has become a integral part of my life. Enough............

No comments:

Post a Comment