Home in Sayulita

Monday, March 24, 2014

Cool breezes and the oceans roar.

It's a beautiful day here in Sayulita. Moving back into my studio apartment in Sayulita was a good move. I thought I missed the city (PV) but turns out I'm generally to lazy to go out anyway (lol) The weather has been so great this year, hey every year! The studio has far less steps and I'm slowly
shedding things not important. Far less is important these days! Soon I will only have a few old jeans and a bunch of ratty tee shirts. Perfect!! The only flaw in the summer was me backing my car into a cement post along my driveway. My car was out of commission for 3 months until it could be repaired.Things move at a slow pace here in Mexico!! Of course having a car not made or sold in Mexico didn't help. Veronica ferried me everywhere without complaint. She is a great friend. It's mid season and I am beginning to see friends plan for returning home, wherever that may be. Hard to believe another summer will end soon. My good friend Dee has left and will be going to Cambodia.  I am hopeful I can join her later in the year for a visit. This has been a wonderful summer of Music, good food and friends. Sayulita is changing drastically. Throngs of young families and surfers crowd the beach's and restaurants. Large villas are popping up on the hillsides. Still resisting large hotels and high rises it retains its small Mexican village feel. Neighbors and I have gotten together and trimmed trees this year so that my view is more awesome then ever.  I have spent more time down on the beach this year than usual. Not sunning just mesmerized by the ocean. Maybe I will go to La Playa today to watch the sunset, listen to Cuban music and have a mojito. Maybe not, there is always manana......

No comments:

Post a Comment